Thursday, 14 February 2013

A thought, concretewords, : 'The Cupboard'








Concrete Words : The Cupboard

(ps I live in France and I'm disabled. I write the contents on the cupboard doors for the helpers to be able to find things)



We've run out of rice.

I peel back the layers in the cupboard. 

An end of pasta. Not enough for a meal.

Dried lentils. I never did get round to my resolution of healthy eating. I still haven't cooked them. I don't actually like them. Even if they're good for me I can't find them appetising.

Half a packet of wholegrain rice. Ditto.

How could I have let the bottom of the cupboard get so dirty ? Were does the dirt come from ? I'm not that dirty or careless ? Am I ?

Why don't I empty the cupboards to the bottom more often, isn't it easy. Cloth. Disinfectant. Bin the old stuff. Put back what's left.

Maybe there is enough pasta left in that packet if I do lots of veg with it.

I feel so good about myself. I want to take a photo of my lovely clean cupboard.


Like appologising. and letter writing. or sending a little card, or going for a walk. I don't get round to it. It's going to take so much. But when I do I feel so good. Why don't I do it more often ?

9 comments:

  1. I'm with you on that aspect Liz :). I love a good clear out but I can't seem to summon up the enthusiasm to get started, but if I do then I enjoy the result

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might turn my attn toward the cupboards if I were ever to get tidied what's out in the open! :) Visiting from Amber's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol - exactly why I used not to get to the cupboards. Nothing like moving house a few times to clarify the mind wonderfully !

      Delete
  3. Hi dear Liz
    Oh, yes, we have to learn to look past many things we would rather want to be different with this illness. I have found it becomes easier with the years!
    Much love
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mia. Learning to live a life I wouldn't have chosen, learning to live not wait for life to happen !x

      Delete
  4. Interestingly, when I was searching on Flickr for a picture of a closed or ajar cupboard door, I coulnd't find one at all. What I could find was acres of pictures of the insides of recently cleaned and sorted cupboards! It seems you are not alone in this desire... :-)
    Thanks for joining in the write this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - like me, we feel rather good about ourselves when we've done it - i didn't realise people actually post pics of their achievements :-)

      Delete
  5. Funny how many of us find remnants of a one-time urge for healthy eating, at the back of the cupboard, when we have a clear out!
    Nice to meet at Tanya's place

    ReplyDelete