Friday, 10 March 2017

The Lord's Prayer for the Very Worn

The Lord's Prayer for the Very Worn
Not me trying to think up something clever, this is how I pray. I'm too weary or muddle headed to think what to say, or even feel'like saying anything, so I go for wheat Jesus said to say, that's good enough for me. But if I just recite it my brain will be elsewhere by line 2 so I try to say it like I feel I can be more simple or at least in a way that makes me think about what it's saying. So it comes out different every time. 

Just come sit with me a moments quiet. I like to just feel myself listen a little moment and catch a couple of breaths.


Dear Father God, somehow both not tied down by our human limitations yet fully understanding them. You're really special to us regardless of what our feelings are or aren't doing today. 

We can't begin to understand how you'd do it, but we want your kingdom to come and your will to be done in our little time and space bubble, however limited it seems to us it still counts, whatever hills and valleys we go through today. Please give us the strength and clarity of thought to be able to make any key decisions if needed and the courage to be able to say no and yes, to understand your will as much as we need to for today. 

Please provide for us and our nearest and dearest, we throw and chuck our burdens onto you because you've said that you care or us. Thank you. 💕

We invite you into our thought lives today. We're not asking to have no pain but we really want the grace to be able to forgive and receive forgiveness. 

Please protect and strengthen us, we are weak and vulnerable even on the days we feel full of it, let alone how we are now. Please help us to find comfort in healthy ways and places. Give us the strength to be able to stand against the evil one and having done all, to stand. Is armour uncomfortable in bed ? Maybe not yours. May your peace, utterly incomprehensible given the circumstances, keep our hearts and minds in the love and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. 

I find it so hard to grasp about your kingship, some times everything seems on the surface so out of control, but I believe and continue to hang on to the fact that 

* you have the authority to do what you think best, 
* you have the power and the wherewithall to get it done, 
and 
* you will get the credit you deserve, glory to you King Jesus.

I agree most wholeheartedly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment